• Student Enrollment

  • Students with Ipad

How to Enroll

  • Only the parents and/or legal guardians can register the child. If you are not the biological parent of the child, you must present us with a court order of custody, adoption certificate, or agency placement letter.  

    1. Complete the district's enrollment forms.
    2. Gather supporting documents to bring with you:
      • Two current proofs of residence (Acceptable proofs include: gas bill, light bill, tax statement, evidence of receiving checks from public assistance or social security)
      • Current lease
      • Birth or baptismal certificate
      • Current Immunizations with dates
      • Parent/Guardian identification with current Duquesne address (i.e. drivers license, state ID)
      • A copy of your child's most recent report card or transcript. This will help with placement while the school waits to receive your child's records from the school most recently attended
      • Affidavit of Residency, if applicable
    3. Please bring all of the required supporting documents to your appointment. Do not make an appointment until you have all of your supporting documents. 
    4. Once you have completed Steps 1 and 2, you are now ready to make an appoint with Central Registration. Please contact Central Registration at 412-466-9600 Ext. 7024.
    5. After registering your child(ren), it may take our district up to three school days before your child can begin school. 
    For more detailed information, please contact us at 412-466-9600 Ext. 7024.
    Returning middle school students FAQ
    If your family is homeless or if you have questions about our residency status for you and your child(ren), please contact our Central Registration office for detailed information and requirements.

Change of Address

  • What happens if I move?  What if I move to a new residence but still live in Duquesne? 
    Any time you move from one address to another, you are required to change the address, in person, with the Central Registration office. We will not be able to change your address by fax or any other means. School mail will not be forwarded to your new address unless this process is completed. Continuation of returned mail can create questions in regard to your residency status (if the school receives returned mail from the post office, we may investigate to see if you still live in Duquesne.)
    What if I move out of the District? 
    If you are moving out of Duquesne, please contact Central Registration at 412-466-9600 Ext. 3009. In order to officially withdraw your child(ren) from our District, you must sign our official Withdrawal form. Following this process will help prevent truancy issues while you are transitioning your child(ren) to their new District.

Children with English as a Second Language

  • We will support your child(ren) through our English as a Second Language Program (ESL). ESL programs are designed for students whose dominant language is not English. The purpose of the program is to increase the English language proficiency of eligible students so they can attain academic standards and achieve success in the classroom.
    Please contact our Special Education Department at 412-466-8130 Ext. 3014 for more information.

Device Insurance

Device Insurance